During 2020, the impact of RDF continued to accelarate, as new systems and modules were added to existing ones already in place at government institutions in 12 developing countries. Total revenue mobilized through RDF systems increased by USD 769 Million to a cumulative USD 1,851 Million throughout RDF lifetime. This is very close to our USD 2 Billion moonshot target we aimed for in our strategic plan for 2016-2020. The increase is largely a result of expanding into the collection of coporate income tax using GovIn and TAS in Cameroon. In other areas, RDF impact is not measured by revenue, but by increased accountabilty, audit effectiveness and public transaprency.
– The xCAS system now allows users to publish documents to the online repository portal : Afghanistan quickly implemented this for all mining contracts and this was featured in their EITI validation as an important achievement.
– The Online Repository portals is now also an e-service portal for license holders : the major mines in Ghana is now submitting their reports online from the portal to the Minerals Commission MCAS system.
– MCAS 5.2 was released with a new module for valuation of assets. Sierra Leone implemented this for all their gold and diamond exports. Since July 2020 they have valued and processed all exports of precious minerals using this module.
– Fusion and GovIn e-service portal is ready for EITI : Our project in Senegal was successful, pioneering the use of Fusion to integrate 8 government institutions for EITI purposes. EITI Guinea launched the GovIn portal for EITI declaration in December.
– Our new tax adminstiration system and GovIn tax e-service portal functions are maturing : In Cameroon over 10,000 companies submitted their tax declarations through GovIn and even more companies will start submitting their 2020 returns in the coming months.
We would like to thank the over 1,000 civil servants we serve to support, who are users of our systems, for their efforts, feedback and commitment to improve governance and revenue accountablity. We are entirely dedicated to make your job easier.
Then a thanks to our funding partners, in particular German Collaboration GIZ and the World Bank, and everyone who helped us realize our projects.
We also like to thank our broad group of supporters and stakeholders, who in any way, even indirectly helped us on our way.